This is her original appearance when I purchased her. She was not meant to be altered, this is what she would have looked like in her day. I just envisioned her to look a little more saintly, more distressed, chippy and regal. I had no idea what I was going to do but that is the kind of projects I love. She stands 22" tall with her crown.
The first thing I did was to give her a good sanding all over rubbing off the original color different places and leaving patches here and there including her face. Then I went to town with paint and then more sanding. I altered her eyes to make them bigger and used a bit of antiquing in places on her face and other areas of her body to make her look older. The best part was using crackle heavy in areas so that it would even chip and crack off.
Her breast plate is a gold Dresden embossed foil cut out that was gifted to me by a sweet friend in a pocket page. I never antiqued one before but I think it came out beautiful and looks like it might be bronze or metal.
I added a vintage rosary with crystals and a necklace I made with a vintage looking locket and a very old skeleton key with a diamond cuff.
I found these awesome tin wings at "A Vintage Season" on Etsy. I antiqued them as well and I was really pleased with the results and how well they fit her. The butterfly is also a Dresden foil that I antiqued.
I hope you will visit again soon, there are some "Zetti Birds flying around my studio right now!